West London District held it’s 13th Annual General Meeting at St. Etheldreda’s Church Upper Hall on the evening of Wednesday 27th September 2017. In particular we would like to thank Frankie Smith, U.K. Deputy Youth Commissioner for attending as our guest for the evening.
The AGM was Chaired by Chris Daley, and the annual reports and accounts of 2016-17 were presented to and accepted by the District Scout Council. The associated documents are available in this news article.
The AGM saw the election of Alexander Norori-McCormac to the position of District Chairman. The District would like to thank Chris Daley for his sterling service as Chairman over the preceding 22 years, first in the Fulham District, and later in the amalgamated West London District. Chris Daley was also awarded his 40 years service award as part of the AGM.
The following awards were made during the event:
- Chief Scout’s Commendation for Good Service – Samantha Reidy (21st Hammersmith)
- 5 Year Service Award – Robert Cashman
- 5 Year Service Award – Andrew Bloom (Fulham Explorers)
- 15 Year Service Award – Nick Zaymes (16th City of Westminster)
- 30 year service award – Sue Docherty (48th Kensington)
- 40 year service award – Chris Daley
- Beaver Colony with most growth – 28th Hammersmith
- Scout Troop with most growth – 21st/23rd Fulham
- Overall Group growth award – 28th Hammersmith
- Greatest growth in adult support – 16th City of Westminster
With the following awards for those absent:
- Chief Scout’s Personal Award -Laura Bales (28th Hammersmith)
- Cub Pack with most growth – 9th Chelsea
- 30 Year Service Award – Philip Staker (1st Hammersmith)
- 5 Year Service Award – Connie Wong (9th Chelsea)
- 5 Year Service Award – Julia Akaddas (9th Chelsea)
- 5 Year Service Award – Sam Fielding (48th Ken)
- 5 Year Service Award – Peter Kirwan (21st Hammersmith)
Particular note is given to Laura Bales on receiving a personal letter and award from Bear Grylls, the Chief Scout, for finding the strength to overcome person challenges in her pursuit of Scouting.
The following persons constitute the executive committee for 2017-18.
- Alexander Norori-McCormac
- Lee Clark
- Ian Clarke
- Zach Seddon Deane
- Marcus Coulson
- Richard Williams
- Scott Thwaytes
- Nick Zaymes
- Gareth Jones
- Jackie Ware
- Nathan Prince
- Joy Glassett
- Nigel Riordan
- Sue Curran
- Robert Cashman
- Robert Harm